Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Episode 601 & 602 - LA X

I'm going to be entering my thoughts stream-of-consciousness type, so it may or may not make sense.


I'm watching the recap pre-show and can't wait for this whole thing to start!

HERE WE GO!!!


So I wonder if the re-shot this, or of they took original footage from the first season (back on the plane is when I'm talking about).


So it changed. To be honnest, I'm kinda' disappointed. In that case, I'm expecting this season to be all about how the universe "course corrects" whatever that happens to look like.


WAIT?! Desmond is on the plane?! How can that be? EVERYTHING in the timeline has changed?! For real? That's totally unexpected!


The island is under water?! And I swear that was the DHARMA shark I saw under the water. Didn't you see the DHARMA logo on the tail?


Ok, so if the island is under water and sank, what does that mean? So now what? No Ben, Desmond never crashed there. But what about Jacob? Is he alive or dead? Does he have any effect anymore? Is there anything that can be done to "undo" the change that was done? What about the 'course corrections"?


There must some some enduring effects, like the cut on Jack's neck...


I'm CONFUSED! Was Jack's thing a dream?! I'm feeling much better now than I did at the start. :)


Ok, back to confused again. :) So is this like parallel dimensions or something? Two possible futures? Are we going to see them merge at some point? This is a much more interesting episode now that it's confusing again.


Sawyer could be thinking about conning Hurley...yet Hurley is lucky in the alternate universe.


So Jacob is "gone" which fits w/ my wondering if he's actually dead or not.


The Temple!! I'm super excited to see more about the Temple!


THAT WAS SO SHORT! THAT'S SO STUPID!! But I knew it was Charlie, though. :)


Jack saving Charlie's life is a mirror/parallel to when he saved him early on when he chased after Ethan when he was trying to take Claire.


The Smoke Monster! I KNEW it was the anti-Jacob guy! And now we know what the ash is for! it was around the cabin to protect Jacob from the smoke monster/anti-Jacob.


Wow, they really are getting everyone back for this episode; the voice of the pilot is the voice of the same guy who was the pilot in the "pilot" episode. Haha


Sad day for Locke, in the "alternate" future/past where they don't crash he still can't walk. :(


And my mom brings up a good point: we haven't seen Michael, Walt, or Claire...where are they?


I love Hurley "Well, this is gunna' be awesome"


Ok, we're hearing the whispers again...are we going to find out for sure what they are now?!


Huh, I guess it's an actual temple, then. They looked like they were dressed like monks too, like an actual religious organization of some kind. I'm really curious what's inside Hurley's guitar case too...


Another interesting parallel...they took young Ben to the temple when Sayid shot him, whereas now Sayid is at the temple himself...


LOOK! His head is bashed now just like it was on the plane earlier!


So Juliet's "dead words" are "It worked." My question is, how does she know that? And then this whole thing w/ Sayid and Jacob's message. Now that just re-affirms my suspicion that there's a way to "course-correct" and undo the changes. Maybe even a merging of the two separate timelines we're seeing right now.


I'm positive this is what they did to young Ben. And if I remember right, he was wet when he came out too. They said Ben wouldn''t be the same, this time, w/ Sayid, they said there were risks. I wonder if they are related.


This is the same as with Charlie, even down to what Kate is telling Jack, that he's not coming back.


There's Claire! Nice to see her after basically an entire season w/ a no show!


Ok, so where is "home" for this anti-Jacob?


My mom just made a good insight: the comment the anti-Jacob just made about everyone else not knowing that their lives off the island were really pathetic. That could be what that timeline is meant to show.


Ok, so Sayid is "alive" again, but is is Sayid, or is it Jacob? Maybe a way for Jacob to come back just like the anti-Jacob?


This was such a great episode, I'm super excited for the rest of the season/series!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

My theory is Michael wasn't in the show because if he was, then Walt would need to be too and Walt has aged too much to pretend its 2004 again.
I think its actually Sayid- I think Jacob is going to stay dead but may keep coming back to talk to Hurley.
I loved Hurley's comment to Jacob when he learns he died an hour before, "Sorry dude, that sucks". Haha, cracks me up!
My question is, how does Charlie know he was supposed to die? Is it because he died on the island that he is not really 'him' in the alternate reality?

Amy said...

Another thought- in Season 1, when he got the extra alcohol from the flight attendant, didn't he get 2? In this episode, he only got one. In season one, he got 2- put one in his drink and one in his pocket.

Amy said...

One more comment: Shannon wasn't on the plane with Boone. So the alternate reality isn't exactly what it would've been.