Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Episode 507 - The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham

  Ok, I missed the first few minutes, but I'll pick up where I came in...

- So Widmore found Locke when he arrives back, huh?  Interesting that he remembers Locke from when he came into their camp.

-  Interesting that both Widmore and Ben want Locke to bring everyone back to the island.  They are not on the same side, so they must both have different motives.  If I have to side w/ someone, I'd have to pick Widmore, but that's only because I know for sure how evil Ben is; I don't yet know how evil Widmore is.  :)

- Oooo, Locke has to be in a wheelchair again.  That's got to be really hard for him!

- Sayid's comment cuts to the core of Locke: having no one to come back to off the island.

- I feel lame about this, but didn't actually remember that the Matthew character (the guy from Fringe) was the one who told Locke to go on his walkabout.  I did remember that he was in the hospital and that he worked for Widmore, but not that crucial piece.  So glad this series is written so well!

- When Kate says "Look how far you've come," I'm not sure if she was being serious or sarcastic...sacasm makes the most sense, but her tone wasn't very sarcastic, at leas I didn't think.

- Ok, so I guess I picked the right side.  Ben, yet again, shows how incredibly evil he his.  For some reason he doesn't want Eloise to see Locke (or to have Locke see Eloise), so he kills him!  Right after he talking him out of killing himself.  That means that's an important bit of info, since it changes Ben's plan

-  I have to say, its not often I'm super confused, but the ending of this episode has definitely confused me.  So Locke's alive (which we knew from last week's trailer), and apparently everyone else from the plane also made it to the island, but now there's this other guy reading Dharma files...and I think I missed who is is from the beginning?  So Locke is alive again, but probably not in the same time that Jack & Co. are now in (70s, I think), but Ben (aka Mr. Evil) is there and injured and Locke remember's that he killed him

  Interesting things are afoot!  

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm going to side with Whidmore. I think you're right. At this point we haven't seen how evil he is (except for not liking Desmond...who doesn't like Desmond?!). And Ben is MOST DEFINITELY evil.

I think Kate was bitingly sarcastic.

Obviously the Island didn't want Ben to come back since he didn't fare the plane crash very well, and everyone else who was SUPPOSED to come back managed to flash out of the plane before it crashed. Tsk tsk Benjamin Linus....

Amy said...

Ok, so I have a couple of thoughts. I decided to read Ryan's blog from last season's finale and I totally forgot that Christian told Locke that if he moves the island, he can't come back. I think that may have applied to Ben as well- but Ben wasn't in there with him and didn't hear Christian say that. At the beginning of this episode, Locke was standing on the beach looking at another island. Is it possible that the plane ended up on another island close to the original? I think that might be what happened? And where did the pilot and 'some girl' go off to in one of the boats?

I think Kate was sarcastic too.

I totally agree, though, Ry- I have no idea who this new guy is who is reading the Dharma files, but I feel like I should. Is he like the Michael guy? I didn't remember he was the orderly who told Locke to go on the Walkabout... has this guy been in an episode before, too?

R. Palmer said...

Yes, Amy, Locke IS on another island. Remember there are 2 of them? They are on the station w/ the Hydra (that's the symbol on the folder that the guy is looking at). They Hydra station is the one on the OTHER island that Kate, Sawyer, & Jack were on during the beginning of season 3 when they were kept in the bear cages...