Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Episode 506 - 316

Oh my gosh I'm so excited!  I just watched episod 505 (last week's) in the enhansed version since there's no youth group tonight, so I'm super stoked for this week's episode!!!

- Oh, we're back to the very beginning of the whole show!  The first shot w/ Jack on the Island...except we're not.  Jack didn't go find Hurley drowning elsewhere on the island, he went to be beach.  Is this a dream?  An alternate reality?  Oh gosh!  No!  They actually made it back to the island!  Kate & Hurley are there, so I'm going to assume that they all are back, and now we have to find out how they all agreed to go back...

- Oooo, DHARMA symbol on the door Eloise opened under the church that leads to the pendulum chamber

- Called The Lamppost.  Interesting.  So we're still entangeled in the DHARMA Initiative.  I'm sooo loving this!!

- I wonder why they have to be on that one flight, not any others.  

- Ok, so how does Eloise know all this stuff?  My guess: "the man" she talked about who figured out how to get to the island was probably Dan, her son.  Although, I don't know how that works w/ his age and stuff, but since time isn't constant, that's less of a worry.  : )  It could also be Widmore, the "Marvin Candle" character, or someone else we don't know yet

- In a more intellectual level, I'm feeling like the end of Season 4 was the climax of the whole show, as now everything is a result of them leaving the island.  Could be wrong, but I could see that being the case

- How ironic that we see Ben in the position to make it look like he's praying.  He's the last character on the whole show that I'd expect to see genuinely praying

- Ok, so what happened to Aaron?  I thought Ben was the one who sent the laywer after him and therefore the laywer should have backed off.  Then again, maybe Ben still took Aaron, either to make sure Kate went back, or to keep him for himself, kinda' like w/ Alex

- So I wonder if Ben is "supposed" to go back or not.  I'm sure he's going to try, but I'm not sure that he should be included in the group that needs to go back to recreate the original situation (since he wasn't on the original flight).

- BTW: the airline they are supposed to be on to get back to the island is one that was mentioned in a previous episode this season when someone saw an artifact from that airline.  My guess is that, in all the time travel, at some point they group left on the island moved forward to after Jack & crew arrived back on the island again

- I do wonder, however, now that Locke has fixed the wheel that was causeing the time-skipping, what time did the island end up staying at?  IE when are all the people left on the island?

- Oh come one Jack, you gotta read the letter!! I want to know what it says!  I'll be that's the scrap of paper Jack had in his hand when he arrived back on the island at the beginning of the episode

- So, here's my hope: the plane doesn't actually crash, but rather the island magically gets all the right people from the plane onto the island, and that means Ben gets left on the plane w/ the other passengers he doesn't care about.  That would pretty much make my day!

- I really thought this whole season would just be about how they got back to the island.  Since they are back now, I guess I'm wrong

- Well, I guess I got the answer to my question about when the islanders are.  They are back w/ the DHARMA Initiative (I should have guessed that since we already saw Dan back in that time way back at the beginning of the season)

Have I ever mentioned that I love this show?!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ok, so here's a comment...
-I think Ben called Jack "John". I thought that was a funny slip.
-Why is Kate being so weird. I still want to know what Sawyer told her to do before he jumped off the helicopter. She got mad at Jack for asking what the favor was and then they broke up. What was the favor! AHH!
-Why does everyone hate Jack now? Yes he told them to lie, but then again, they all agreed to do that too. Why is he the bad guy?
-What happened to Ben's face? Did he get beat up or did something try to eat him? He was by the water when he called Jack from the payphone and told him to go get John's body.... did he go to see Desmond (since he lives on a boat, that would explain the harbor he was in).
I want more answers... I have nothing but questions right now and I still don't want Sawyer to get Kate. I want Jack to get Kate. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!