Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Episode 611 - Happily Ever After

- Haha, I can't blame Desmond for being so angry and Widmore for bringing him back to the island, which was basically a prison for him for years

- Oh!  Is that the box that can bring anything you want come out of it?!

- Uh, does it LOOK like they're ready stupid?!

----- Break #1

- I believe Widmore on this one.  I don't think he's really out to hurt Desmond on this one.  Probably not looking out for his best, but I don't think he wants to hurt Desmond

- See, Desmond has a 6th sense about things.

- Hmm, Minkowski!  He's the guy who was the communication person on the freighter, working for Widmore.  I wonder if he works for Widmore now too

- My guess is Widmore is "the boss"

- And I was right.  :)

----- Break #2

- Widmore is Charlie's dad?  Something about this doesn't quite make sense.  I must be missing something.

- But does that mean we're going to see Charlie this episode?!

- Now that's a flip; in the flash sideways he actually gets to drink it, as opposed to never being good enough to drink it in the "real world"

- YES IT'S CHARLIE!

- Mmmm, Charlie is talking about Claire, even if he doesn't know it here in this flash sideways

- Charlie's trying to drown, just like in the original timeline.  And Desmond's with him same as the original timeline as well.  There are some really good, strong parallels in this episode...like that hand thing

----- Break #3

- Oh, I get it.  Desmond is the link between the 2 different realities: the "it worked" and "it didn't work" realities that we've seen; Desmond is the link between these, just like he's been the link between different times

- While this flash sideways is probably the most interesting of them so far, I'd still rather know what's going on with the "real" timeline.  I hope this episode doesn't stay in the flash sideways the whole time!

----- Break #4

- We knew this, right?  Somehow I think I knew that what's her name - Eloise - was Widmore's wife.

- Even in the flash sideways, Eloise knows what's going on at a deeper level than anyone else we've seen

- And the guy at the piano, he's the son, and it's Faraday, of course.  He's the one who wants to play with Driveshaft

- Ok, but, how is he Daniel WIDMORE, instead of Faraday?  Oh, right, because Eloise Hawking, is now married to Widmore, so Farady, sorry, Daniel, must have changed his name when his mom, Eloise, married Widmore

----- Break #5

- At the stadium!  It's all going back to the stadium!

- I wonder if Desmond getting taken by Sayid is actually part of Widmore's plan...




  Ok, now I feel like we're moving in a direction, moving towards the end.  Desmond in the flash sideways is going to try to get everyone from the flight to recognize that it's different.  I don't know what happens when they do, but I think something significant will happen.  I like this, partially because it's a direction, but also because it tends towards my thought that the flash sideways isn't the "real" way it happened. which I prefer.  :)

1 comment:

Jeremy Hamann said...

I'd kinda like to see what's going on in the "real" timeline as well, but how do we know what's real after Daniel's conversation with Desmond? Obviously Juliet was right and the nuclear bomb idea worked (at least in part), but not as they expected. Instead of just going back to how life would have been had the plane never crashed, they are divided between the two possibilities, which I can imagine getting very confusing for them and very complicated for us.

This was definitely the best flash sideways story yet, but I've always had a preference for Desmond. But I'm really disappointed he went with Sayid. It's funny, though, that staying with Widmore is the better option (considering the whole issue we've had with him in the past, especially season 4).

I'm liking the direction this season is going :-)