Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Episode 515 - Follow the Leader

Ok, I missed the beginning of this episode, but I think I got most of it.

- I really don't think that the group is going to be able to change what happened so that the plane doesn't crash.  And I'll say that I really hope they can't, or at least that that's not the ending, 'caus that'd be totally lame!

- Once again, I love that Locke is in charge and knows what's going on while Ben doesn't.  :)

- Ok, I'm still frustrated about Richard.  Somehow he's a really important figure on the island, but he really doesn't know what's going on any more than Ben does.  How can that be?

- WHAT?!  Kate got shot?!  Would they kill Kate?  I hope not, but I woudn't put it past the LOST people...then again, the island has healing powers, so maybe she won't die.  I really hope she doesn't.

- Ok, she didn't get shot.  I feel better now.

- Ah, new hypothesis.  They are on the island now, they ARE going to blow up the bomb and that's why Desmond gets in the hazmat suit when he goes outside and has to be protected all the time.  It's all already happened and it can't be changed...unless maybe Desmond gets involved somehow.  That's the only way I can see anything changing.  

- "The Tunnels" look just like the inside of the Temple...I wonder if they are 'indigenous' to the island

- And what's the deal w/ Sayid?  Where has he been?  I can't remember the last time we saw him.  He shot Ben, was that the last time?  Then he disappeared?  Must have been (enjoy that stream of consciousness?)

- Of course, they have to put Kate & Juliet together w/ Sawyer, don't they.  "Good Television" or something like that.  Oh yeah, its called "conflict"!

- Jack, you're dumb.  In 30 years Eloise does tell you how to get back to the island, but she does it so that you can tell her about the bomb so that she can blow up the Dharma Initiative!

- Does Locke really intend to kill Jacob?  If so, why?  And how on earth does he plan to do that?

- So what's happened to young Ben?  Is he still with the others?  I think that's the last place we saw him, but that was several weeks ago and I dont remember him getting back w/ the Dharma folks...

...and that doesn't work w/ continuity, since Ben's supposed to be the one who wipes out the Dharma Initiative and not for many many years, so maybe I was wrong about the H-Bomb going off...

  Oh my goodness, next week is the season finale!  That's crazy!  I'm excited and afraid of what the ending/cliff hanger is going to be.  I'm sure what ever it is will make me crazy and give me lots of stuff to wonder over the summer.  Let's see, what have they done in the past?

Season 1 - Opening up the Hatch
Season 2 - Hatch blowing up, the sky turning purple, and Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sawyer being captured by the others
Season 3 - An actual boat arrives to take them off the island
Season 4 - The island disappears!
Season 5 - ???  We'll find out next week!

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

1 comment:

Insert Coin(s) to Continue said...

Up until he promised to kill Jacob, it felt like they were building Locke up as a literary Christ figure. Especially his speech about his people having never seen Jacob, and he wants to bridge that gap between Jacob and his followers and make him more accessible and visible to the common person (which is not alright with those who were the "in-between" men with the exclusive privelages. That and rising from the dead after dying for the wrong-doings of his friends to bring them back into community with the Island.