Thursday, April 30, 2009

Episode 514 - The Variable

I missed this episode live and had to watch it via my comptuer this evening, so my comments aren't quite as stream-of-conciousness as normal, but here you go anyway...

- Why on Earth would Faraday tell Marvin Candel that Miles is his son? He has to know that Candel won't believe him and think he's crazy. And what about the whole "you can't change the future" thing? I know he mentions that they are the variables, but the problem is that they are surrounded by constants, so I'm not convinced they could change anything from the past

- Dan's notebook seems to have writings of what's going to happen. He consulted it several times and then somehow knows where people are or where they are going

- Ok, I get what Dan's trying to do, but if he stops the plane from crashing, then none of them were there on the island, so they didn't go back in time to stop the plane from crashing...which is your typical time-travel paradox issue. It just can't happen.

- I've never really been a fan of Eloise Hawking, but now I really don't like her. She sent Dan back to the island knowing full well that she'd kill him! I understand the whole 'destiny' thing, but even Faraday trys to change that, you'd think a mother of all people would at least TRY!

- I'm really curious to see if we get to find out what happens when the EM energy explodes under the Swan station and we get to see the aftermath! It may blow our heroes back to the 'present' but I'm really hoping we get to find out what it caused!

Ok, those are my meager thoughts this week. Still enjoying the show, though sadly now the end of the season is in sight!

No comments: