Sunday, April 5, 2009

Episode 510 - Whatever Happened Happened

I just watched the episode today since I was in France when it aired originally. These are my thoughts about seeing it, though keep in mind that I'm pushing myself to stay awake, so if it doesn't make sense, blame it on jet lag.

- So Sawyer wanted Kate to deal w/ helping Cassidy/Clementine, huh? Interesting that that's what the whole big deal was about. Why couldn't Kate tell Jack?

- Wow, the weird loop of Ben needing Jack to save his live again (or for the first time, depending on how you look at it: Hurley), yet this time he doesn't do it, and it looks like that's what leads to Ben being the way he is, at least in part (I still believe you are responsible for your actions, even if the situation pushed you in one direction over another).

- Go Hurley! I love the connection w/ time travel and Back to the Future!

- Everthing seems to be pointing towards Faraday's assessment of time travel: you can't change what's already been done, you can only discover how it came to be. This seems to be proving true w/ Ben as well.

- The conversation between Hurley and Miles where they talk about Ben not remembering Sayid shooting him could be resolved in 2 ways. 1) Richard said Ben wouldn't remember any of it and it could go back as far as being shot. 2) Ben could remember, yet not tell Sayid that he remembers, but that could influence why Ben is convinced that Sayid is a killer by nature.

- Is Kate being 100% truthful when she says she went back to the island to find Claire? I guess I doubt that that's her only motivation, though it could be the deciding factor, if you understand the difference.

Ok, I've got to clear off some stuff from my bed and then I think I'm heading that direction...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh, Ryan, I think you love this show even more than I do, which I didn't think was possible! I'm enjoying reading your comments. Keep them coming! I look forward to watching the videos when I get more time, too. You rock!