Thursday, January 22, 2009

Episode 502 - The Lie

I realized one of the reasons I'm not quite as long winded this season: I'm not taking notes while I watch. Yes, I realize that sounds silly, but I did take notes while watching last year. This year, at least this week, I just don't have the energy for it.

So now, here are my meager thoughts:

- I'll start w/ the end. So the lady in the church is the lady from Desmond's time travel experience way back when. At that time I didn't think she was real...well she is! She seamed pretty ominous too. And down in her lair she had a pendulum going and the marks it was making looked like what happens as the earth spins on its axis.

- As much as I know the way the writers on LOST work, I still don't trust Ben. Not that I think Widmore is better, but as Ben was trying to convince Hurley to go with him, I couldn't help but be glad for Hurley's choice...except for that's exactly what Anna-Lucia told him not to do

- Which, btw, is kinda' freaky. What's with the dead people. Are they maybe not really dead? That's what seems to be implied about Locke. And Anna-Lucia says that Libby says hi. Does this mean that there's hope for Hurley to get together w/ Libby sometime in the future of LOST? That'd be cool.

- As a side note, the whole thing w/ Hurley being able to see dead people and they tell him things he needs to do, but no one else really sees what's going on reminds me of a friend of mine, Carl. I know that sounds weird, but he knows what I mean. : )

- Sawyer and his shirt. I don't remember if this came to me in this episode or the previous one, but I think him not having his shirt and wanting one so desparately symbolizes his vulnerability and his desire to be able to put up some of his defences again. I think this came to me when Sawyer had Dan gripped and was talking about how everyone he cared about was on the boat/chopper.

That's all I can think about for now. Perhaps I'll post more as I think about more. Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You're totally right about the symbolism, I think. I've only watched once, so I need to re-view before I pontificate. Question: can Sun be bad???? Can't wait to discuss.